Thursday, February 2, 2012

Leave it to Beaver

Blame it on this prepster mood I’m currently in, but I’ve been desperately searching for an “appropriate” day dress/shirt dress – you know the ones, like from your favorite black & white television series from yesteryear.  I use the word “appropriate” because (again) I don’t want to prematurely age myself or look too serious.  Luckily some goodies have been popping up at certain retailers for Spring and I’m thrilled!  What I like about the examples below is that they are a twisted take on a classic silhouette.  The use of fun color (like on the Rare via ASOS dress) or quarky prints (like the photographic collage print on the Anthropologie dress, the “Heart Throb” print on the J. Crew skirt & shirt or the all-over lobsters on the one from Antipodium) makes them feel young, fresh and slightly cool.  Perfect for a Sunday brunch, a good-ol’ Southern Baptist church service or serving dirty martinis to your guests at your casual dinner party.  So versatile! (wink)

Anthropologie & J.Crew

Antipodium & Rare via ASOS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...