Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fall Pasta Primavera

I will admit, I'm spoiled by my husband.  On most nights, he's the one whipping up a tasty dinner after work while I watch trashy television and "rest my feet".  And each and every time I ask him if he needs any help, his response is always, "I've got it, my love". I know, I know.  Like I said, I'm terribly spoiled.  Lately, one of my favorites of his concoctions is his Pasta Primavera with Fall veggies inspired by a recipe from Giada. It's super simple and you can basically use any veggies and any type of pasta.  The secret to making this especially tasty is the herbes de Provence used to roast the veggies. This magical blend of lavender, fennel, etc makes this super-simple vegetarian dish feel kind of fancy!  (And in case you are wondering, we are still on our mostly-meat-free diet.  Almost a year now!) xoxo



Serves 4

Ingredients

  • 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
  • 1 small head of broccoli, cut to bite size
  • 1 small head of cauliflower, cut to bite size
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
  • 4 medium sized tomatoes, cut into quarters
  • 1/4 cup olive oil 
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or herbes de Provence
  • 1 pound farfalle (bowtie pasta)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • *** Other variations we love: yellow zucchini and mushrooms! 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
On a large heavy baking sheet, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence to coat. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite. Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture in a large bowl to combine. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the parmesan and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...