Monday, May 7, 2012

Currently Reading: Let’s Pretend This Never Happened

I’ve been in somewhat of a book slump recently.  It seems like every book I start, I either get bored of or it gives me strange dreams (because I usually only read right before I go to bed). So, naturally I stop reading them a few chapters in and say bye-bye to the $12.99 I spent to download it to my Nook.  I have been long-searching for something that makes me feel good or laugh and last week, I finally found it!  The book is called Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson and it is making me weep with laughter ever night before I slumber.  This “mostly true” memoir chronicles the author’s upbringing in a VERY small rural Texas town (it actually sounds more like a village) through to her adventures into adulthood.  I’m only a few chapters in, but if you like dry and bizarre humor – I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...