Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Skincare!

I’ve had more than my share of bad skin experiences in my days.  Up until my mid-twenties, my face was a blemish fiesta!  (And I’m talking about the under-the-skin, painful kind that leave their mark!)  It was years (a good 12 or so) of constant struggling and I had basically given up on the idea of naturally beautiful skin.  Then, as if suddenly, it all seemed to disappear and normalize. I could go out (comfortably) without wearing makeup or concealers  and started to welcome the idea of essential oils in my skincare products (gasp!).  I began getting compliments on how “beautiful” my skin was from strangers, like the women in the cheese shop, the flight attendant on the plane or the lady cleaning my teeth.  What was happening!?  I didn’t care… I was thanking the heavens for this personal miracle!   It’s been a solid two-three years now with my “new skin” and I was recently reflecting on what products I could attribute it to.  My one secret weapon has probably been my Clarisonic.  And below are the products I use daily.  What are your favorite products and how have they changed your life?  Sharing is caring!
AM Routine

I don’t actually wash my face in the  morning.  I just rinse it with warm water then layer the following:
-          Lumene Eye Cream
-          Epicuren Noni Serum (a light layer over my entire face)
-          CeraVe Moisturizer with SPF 30
-          Original Chapstick
-          Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (yep, I do a double-dose of moisturizer over my  entire face!)
-          Philosophy’s Supernatural Mineral Powder (the finishing touch to set it all)

PM Routine
I wash my face with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser and my Clarisonic.  Then layer on:
-          Lumene Eye Cream
-          Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate (this is basically pure essential oil)
-          Kiehl’s  Rosa Arctica Cream
-          Original Chapstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...