Friday, April 20, 2012

Hush, Hush

Happy Friday, everyone!  So, I was asked by a friend of mine to accompany her to a “secret dinner party” this Saturday evening… fun! (Of course I said, “YES!”).  But what do you wear to something described as operating like this:  
          We’ve built a master list of slightly-above-average attractive people who receive a proprietary list of event dates. The first handful of repliers (we keep it mad-intimate) are then privy to must-have, on-the-DL important-ness like location, time, and length of the meal. Topping 10+ courses, the donation-based fetes all have themes (e.g. "I Live in the Wild", "Welcome to the Jungle").
All I know is that the dinner will take place at a private residence in Hollywood. Some thoughts affecting my decision of what to wear are: I don’t want to be dressy, but it is for charity (the Aviva Center), so I also don’t want to look too casual.  We won’t know anyone else there, (as another stipulation is only two people can come per invite in order to create an “interesting mix of guests that will be forced to mingle”) so it’s hard to ask what everyone else is wearing! What a conundrum! If only I had an unlimited tab with Net-a-porter (that someone else was paying), I could wear either of these outfits:
Dress, Bag, Trench, Shoes, Polish.  Charity is expensive!

OR

Dress, Bag, Necklace, Pumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...