Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh, Valentino!

Last week I posted about my “realistic” Spring shopping list, but this is what I would really love to be wearing… Valentino’s Spring 2012 Couture Collection!  It is so romantic, feminine, delicate and detailed.  I like the frailty evoked in the lace details, yet, simultaneously, it all seems to have a more casual feel – as if you’re meant to wear these pieces while frolicking in the French countryside. The juxtaposition of the cleaner (yet still super-detailed) disk-like pieces off-sets the lace perfectly.  It’s all so brilliant!  I wish we still had the dress-to-impress mentality in American society.  I’m so tired of seeing people in either gym attire or their pajamas out in public – especially on the airplane.  Okay, no more ranting.  Now I’ve got to figure out how to get a hold of some lace loaffers…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...